Taking care of your teeth is partly your responsibility as well as your dentist. And one thing that should be important to you is natural, simple ingredients that this guide will help you with. The following are 3 simple and natural toothpaste solutions that use baking soda.
Baking Soda and A Little Cinnamon
Baking soda has a neutral pH value, which helps rebalance the pH in your mouth. This helps kill bacteria because most of them require an acidic environment. Baking soda is also abrasive enough to lift any stains from your teeth, yet gentle enough on your enamel.
The other ingredient that you want to pay attention to is the cinnamon, which contains an active ingredient called cinnamaldehyde. Cinnamaldehyde not only kills the bacteria responsible for bad breath, but it also helps poison bacteria responsible for dental ailments, like cavities.
To use this toothpaste, just follow the steps below:
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with one teaspoon of cinnamon in a small jar.
- Pour enough water to make a paste and, then, just brush as you normally would.
- You can adjust the measurements of these ingredients if you need more paste.
- Make sure you rinse, and you are done.
Baking Soda and Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous earth are fossilized remains of a microscopic organism that are mostly used for health reasons, as long as it's food grade. But, diatomaceous earth can also be used for your teeth. Diatomaceous earth contains calcium and other minerals that help strengthen your enamel. And your enamel is your first line of defense against bacterial attacks.
To try this dental paste, just follow the steps below:
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda and a teaspoon of diatomaceous earth in a jar.
- Add enough water to make a paste, and use as a regular toothpaste.
- Rinse your mouth afterwards, and you are done.
- You can adjust this recipe like the one before.
Baking Soda and Coconut Oil
The last toothpaste option contains coconut oil. The coconut oil should be unfiltered and organic for better results. Coconut oil contains different types of ingredients that can help kill the bacteria in your mouth, like the natural fatty compounds that breakdown the moment they touch your saliva. The result of the breakdown is a poison that helps destroy cavity-causing bacteria.
To try this dental paste, follow the steps below:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of coconut oil in a jar.
- Add enough water to make it paste-like, and use it as you would normal toothpaste.
- Adjust the recipe to your needs.
- Rinse your mouth, and you are done.
Remember that these natural dental solutions are only meant to help clean your teeth, not cure any dental ailments; you can leave dental issues to your dentist (like those at Impression Dental).